[cvsnt] Re: cvs removed jars always corrupted

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 11 23:41:27 BST 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006 16:28:04 -0500, Jacob Kjome <hoju at visi.com> wrote:

>I'm having a problem where jar files are corrupted after they are removed.  Take
>the following scenario...
>
>Server: CVSNT 2.5.xx on Windows 2003 server (not 100% sure of exact CVSNT
>version, but I'm pretty sure it is at least 2.5)

Not enough information to verify your problem. However there has been
reported problems with binary files on branches where they get
corrupted by unexpected CRLF -> LF translations.
The latest two releases do not exhibit this (builds 2260 and 2322), so
my advice is to upgrade the server ASAP with one of these.
Since 2260 also has a branch related problem in the auditing area I'd
go for 2322 if I were you.

... snip ...

>What's the cause and, more importantly, the remedy?

Cause: a bug
Remedy: get the latest version where the bug is killed.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)