[cvsnt] FW: [TortoiseCVS] Committing a file with no changes causes error

Gaer,Jeffrey J jeffrey.gaer at dads.state.tx.us
Mon May 15 16:26:43 BST 2006

Upgraded to torise 1.8.25 and get the same error. I really suspect the
server since we have a similar problem with websphere team client. Doing an
update 'fixes' the problem by making the file as current, but since any
operation that potentiall changes the time stamp on a file causes it, its
really annoying. I'll see if I can create a script to create the problem
with a command line client.

cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for
`WebContent/testsupport/testRules.html'
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Error, CVS operation failed

Tortoise Tip:  Someone else has committed a new version of one or more of
the files you are trying to commit. You need to do a CVS Update and then try
to commit again.