[cvsnt] Committing a file with no changes causes error

Gaer,Jeffrey J jeffrey.gaer at dads.state.tx.us
Mon May 15 19:18:52 BST 2006

 Did some more testing and here's what I found ( and its a workaround for
me).

 First I noticed the command line cvs worked properly neither erroring or
updating.
 Then using the status command I noticed that the after adding a space to a
file the cvs status command reported the file as locally modified. But then
I removed the space and save the file, ran status again, and it was reported
as up to date. I noticed also that after the first save the tortoise icon
for the file in explorer changed from green to yellow indicate the file was
modified. This did not change back on the second save, but DID revert to
green after running the status command. Likewise files on which status had
been run showed as unchanged in wsad ( after restarting wsad, refresh was
not sufficient).  So my guess is the cvsnt commit command incorporates a sum
check and update of the state of the file , similar to what occurs on
status.  The other clients probably do not. I can fix my problem with a
nightly cleanup by running status on my source tree.

Thanks for the help.