[cvsnt] check CVS repository integrity

Guelck, Matthias RD-IS-E23 Matthias.Guelck at heidelberg.com
Wed May 17 07:19:09 BST 2006

Hello!

Yesterday, our CVS File Server got an error on file system level (no CVS error!).
The result was a corrupted source file in our CVS repository that was accidentally recognized while updating the project on a CVS client.
If the error had appeared in a less current project, we possibly would not have noted the error for a long time.

So my question is:

Is there any way to check the integrity of a CVS repository without checking out all projects?

Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
Research & Development

Matthias Gülck

Dr.-Hell-Straße
24107 Kiel

Phone: +49-431-386-1608
Fax: +49-431-386-3882
Email: Matthias.Guelck at heidelberg.com

Confidentiality note:
The information in this email and any attachment may contain confidential and proprietary information of Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG and/or its affiliates and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited and may cause liability. In case you have received this message due to an error in transmission, we kindly ask you to notify the sender immediately and to delete this email and any attachment from your system.