[cvsnt] dry run error on update command

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu May 18 17:56:07 BST 2006

You have probably run into a change in the way CVSNT handles path
specifiers, I believe.

I ran into it with export commands like this that stopped working:

cvs export -r HEAD -d somedir/subdir1/subdir2 module1/submod2/something

And had to do this instead:

mkdir somedir\subdir1
cd somedir\subdir1
cvs export -r HEAD -d subdir2 module1/submod2/something

In earlier versions of CVSNT it worked fine with the first command but
from some recent build of 2.5.03.xxxx it always gives an error similar
to the one you are getting unless I create the target dir parent
manually and move into it first.

By the way, you omitted a very important version info, the build
number....
There have been a large number of test releases of 2.5.03 so the build
numer is important to talk about issues on CVSNT operations.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund