[cvsnt] Re: Re : dry run error on update command

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sat May 20 03:13:33 BST 2006

zlatko wrote:
> However the -n option on update commoand is documented and should work,
> and it basically don't :(.
>
> So should this be fixed or not, I can't decide.
> However if the command accepts the -n option and that the option is not
> working, my point of view is that this issue should at least be tracked
> on the BTS or documented in the release notes.

I'd tend to agree with you, that yours is a valid use and it should be
fixed.  However, it is a bit of a corner case -- I think it has behaved
this way for some time and I've only seen it mentioned once a very long
time ago (can't recall exactly when).

> I don't have any experience with the cvsnt source code, but I'm willing
> to invesitgate the pb. However if the project devteam cheks this out,
> I'm quite sure that the resolution could be much faster !

I know Tony is extremely busy trying to get the next release of 2.5.03
out and then 2.6.01.  Also, since it's a rarely encountered problem,
it's less likely to attract his attention.  However, if you do get the
time, there's a good likelihood your patch would be accepted if you
fixed it.

Unfortunately I have very limited knowledge of the code, and I don't
know C/C++, so I can't guide you.  cvsnt/src/update.cpp looks promising
though.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett