[cvsnt] Re: Looking up *_protocol.dll

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed May 24 08:41:12 BST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:41:56 -0700, "Michael Wojcik"
<Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com> wrote:

> [...]

OK, it works fine!
With the cvs.exe.local file in my C:\Programs\cvsnt\2.5.2214 directory
I can go to a sandbox with a modified file and issue:
   C:\Programs\cvsnt\2.5.2214\cve commit
Then a notepad window comes up and when I look in ProcessExplorer I
can see this:
The cvsservice has launched cvs.exe (on the server side) from
C:\Programs\cvsnt and it uses dll:s all from C:\Programs\cvsnt
In my command window another cvs.exe has been launched from
C:\Programs\cvsnt\2.5.2214 and it actually uses dll:s from
C:\Programs\cvsnt\2.5.2214.

If I remove the cvs.exe.local file from C:\Programs\cvsnt\2.5.2214 and
repeat the command I get this error instead of a notepad window:

F:\Projects\Bosse\ModuleYY>C:\Programs\cvsnt\2.5.2214\cvs commit
sspi protocol library is missing entry pointcvs [commit aborted]: the
:sspi: access method is not available on this system

So I guess that the solution to actually use the local dll:s is to put
a cvs.exe.local file in the same folder as the cvs.exe. :-)

I have put this into the Innosetup script now so that the next build I
do of my installer for cvsnt will drop off such a file too making the
client truly local.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)