[cvsnt] force revision in cvs

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri May 26 13:05:53 BST 2006

Prasanna Ujain Mutt wrote:
> I start my development on Dir_A and the version numbers of the files in
> increase as and when we commit. Say after some specific deliverable I would
> like to move the files from Dir_A and move them to Dir_B and continue with
> my development.

It sounds like you need branches - check the documentation about these.  They
do exactly this without the requirement to create new directories.

If you really want to start creating new directories then still you should be
ignoring the revision numbers - they're just internal accounting for cvs and
are not related to your project.