[cvsnt] Re: checksum failure after patch???

Victor A. Wagner Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Sun May 28 22:59:54 BST 2006

At 04:01 2006-05-26, Tony Hoyle wrote:
>Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>
>>ok, I'll fix the script, what NON zero returns from cvsnt am I
>>supposed to ignore?
>>why doesn't it actually update the file?
>Pretty much all of them - the return value is just a guide.  You
>need to look at the output to see what actually happened & whether
>that particular message is important to you.
>
>It does update the file - the second pass is an overwrite of the
>file with the correct version (like doing a checkout).
>
>You'll pretty much never see this though.. it requires some pretty
>odd things to have happened.  I've seen it on network shares and
>once when an AV was returning the wrong version of the file.

Tony, I can _guarantee_ that it leave the file in such a state, that
if one does another update, the same error occurs.  deleting the
file, of course, causes an update, an no further problems.  This is
happening with a server that is NOT cvsnt (source forge, actually)
and it's does cause some problems in an automated regression test I
run on one of the projects (boost).  The next time it happens, I'll
try to zip up all the relevant files and send them to you.

this is what I have now:
C:\Projects\boost>cvs ver
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build
2260 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.20 (client/server)
C:\Projects\boost>type cvs\root
:ssh:vawjr at boost.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost