[cvsnt] CVSNT Setup Questions

RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com
Mon May 29 05:03:10 BST 2006

I have just installed CVSNT 2.5.03.2260 on a RHEL3.0 server - and it
appears to be working so far, except for issue "#4" below.

Some questions on the PServer file, if I may:

1) What does the line "#Repository0Publish=1" mean? What does "publish"
refer to and what is it used for? I could not find a reference in the docs
for this

2) Regarding the "Compatability" definitions (CompatN_OldVersion,
CompatN_HideStatus, CompatN_OldStatus, CompatN_IgnoreWrappers) for each
repository, am I correct that setting each  to "1" for each repository
indicates that one prefers cvsnt compatability? If these are not set, is
the default "cvsnt compatability"?

3) I could use a brief description of what the "Responder Block" of
configuration needs - what is the selection for RHEL3.0? Leave as default?

4) I think there is something wrong with the CVSROOT/loginfo capability

This used to work on 2.0.58d:

        ALL ( cat | /home/cvsadmin/bin/forward_commitlog_to_issuetracker )

I had cvsnt passing the commit log to the script to see if  a "magic word"
can be found, and if it finds it, passes the whole message to the issue
tracker  for inclusion into a bug report. This no longer works and the
error message is: Exec failed: No such file or directory

All directories exist, all files exist. My guess is that the "cat to pipe"
feature is now broken under Linux.

A recent mail thread spoke of possible similar problems:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2006-March/024385.html

Is this correct? Or does someone have a way to pass the commitlog to
script for further processing.

Thanks for any help...
ronb