[cvsnt] CVSNT Setup Questions (followup)

RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com
Tue May 30 04:26:06 BST 2006

> 4) I think there is something wrong with the CVSROOT/loginfo capability
>
> This used to work on 2.0.58d:
>
>         ALL ( cat | /home/cvsadmin/bin/forward_commitlog_to_issuetracker
)

> I had cvsnt passing the commit log to the script to see if  a "magic
word"
> can be found, and if it finds it, (email) the whole message to the issue

> tracker  for inclusion into a bug report. This no longer works and the
> error message is: Exec failed: No such file or directory
>
> All directories exist, all files exist. My guess is that the "cat to
pipe"
> feature is now broken under Linux.
>
> A recent mail thread spoke of possible similar problems:
> http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2006-March/024385.html
>
> Is this correct? Or does someone have a way to pass the commitlog to
> script for further processing.

Glen - thanks for the help with the "publish" and "Compatability"
questions.

Other info regarding #4 above. The verifymsg trigger made a reference to a
script file like this:

        ~cvsadmin/bin/somescript

This worked with 2.0.58d, but caused exec errors with 2.5.03.2260. Simply
changing the command line to this:

        /home/cvsadmin/bin/somescript

allowed it to work. Does this further substantiate my above guess?

Also, any other good ways to get the commitlog info passed to a script for
processing?

Thanks again,
ronb