[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Setup Questions

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon May 29 16:41:02 BST 2006

I can answer a couple off the top of my head:

RBuchholz at Chamberlain.com wrote:
> 1) What does the line "#Repository0Publish=1" mean? What does "publish"
> refer to and what is it used for? I could not find a reference in the docs
> for this

Publish indicates it is included in the "cvs info -s {server}" listing,
so it is discoverable.

> 2) Regarding the "Compatability" definitions (CompatN_OldVersion,
> CompatN_HideStatus, CompatN_OldStatus, CompatN_IgnoreWrappers) for each
> repository, am I correct that setting each  to "1" for each repository
> indicates that one prefers cvsnt compatability? If these are not set, is
> the default "cvsnt compatability"?

The compatibility options default to an assumed CVSNT system.  The extra
options are for older clients that have difficulty with some newer
features or expect old bugs to be present.  Don't use them unless
someone tells you to.

--
Glen Starrett