[cvsnt] Re: checksum failure after patch???

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon May 29 16:45:55 BST 2006

Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
> Tony, I can _guarantee_ that it leave the file in such a state, that if
> one does another update, the same error occurs.  deleting the file, of
> course, causes an update, an no further problems.  This is happening
> with a server that is NOT cvsnt (source forge, actually) and it's does
> cause some problems in an automated regression test I run on one of the
> projects (boost).  The next time it happens, I'll try to zip up all the
> relevant files and send them to you.

That would be helpful, maybe CC me too and I'll see if I can repro it as
well.  I have used CVSNT client against SF for a number of years and it
has always acted as Tony describes -- the 2nd pass get the files.

What are the update options you're using?  I typically just do a fairly
generic "cvs -q -z3 up -d" against the SF repository I update -- when
you have the problem does removing an option or two cause the 2nd pass
to be triggered normally?

--
Glen Starrett