[cvsnt] Re: checksum failure after patch???

Victor A. Wagner Jr. vawjr at rudbek.com
Mon May 29 20:30:14 BST 2006

At 09:45 2006-05-29, Glen Starrett wrote:
>Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote:
>>Tony, I can _guarantee_ that it leave the file in such a state,
>>that if one does another update, the same error occurs.  deleting
>>the file, of course, causes an update, an no further
>>problems.  This is happening with a server that is NOT cvsnt
>>(source forge, actually) and it's does cause some problems in an
>>automated regression test I run on one of the projects
>>(boost).  The next time it happens, I'll try to zip up all the
>>relevant files and send them to you.
>
>That would be helpful, maybe CC me too and I'll see if I can repro
>it as well.  I have used CVSNT client against SF for a number of
>years and it has always acted as Tony describes -- the 2nd pass get the files.
>
>What are the update options you're using?  I typically just do a
>fairly generic "cvs -q -z3 up -d" against the SF repository I update
>-- when you have the problem does removing an option or two cause
>the 2nd pass to be triggered normally?

this is what the log says....
# Executing CVS command "cvs
-d:ssh:vawjr at boost.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost -z9 update -dPA
-r RC_1_34_0"

when I get the error it generally shows something like....checksum
failed.....reloading

but the script will try the cvs command up to 5 times it if gets a
non RESULT_OK from cvs, and it repeats the checksum error message
each time.  have an copy of the log, but cvsnt begins failing to
update my local repository when the repository file gets too big. but
I'll scan and see if I can find one