[cvsnt] Re: How to export sequentially all revisions of a file???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 30 12:38:58 BST 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 11:29:31 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>I need to get every revision of a particular file from my repository.
>The file has 122 revisions, most untagged.
>
>I need to automate a file checking function and I wanted to do this
>outside any sandbox so I like to use the cvs export command. But it
>seems like export needs a *tag* as the -r argument.
>Any ideas how to do this (I don't want to tag 122 revisions in the
>repository)?

No need replying to this, I cerated a batch file that switched between
two sandboxes with updates and commits.

The purpose of this was to check the performance of cvsnt binary
deltas.
So I started out with an exe file in my live cvs server with 122
revisions and -kb. This CVSMailer.exe,v file is 11689 kb.
I updated a sandbox with every single revision, copied it to a sandbox
from my test server where the file was -kB and committed it.
The result after committing all 122 revisions is a ,v file with size
4644 kb, only 40% of the original file!
Quite a difference.

HTH

/Bo