[cvsnt] Re: How to export sequentially all revisions of a file???

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue May 30 14:15:21 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I need to get every revision of a particular file from my repository.
> The file has 122 revisions, most untagged.
>
> I need to automate a file checking function and I wanted to do this
> outside any sandbox so I like to use the cvs export command. But it
> seems like export needs a *tag* as the -r argument.
> Any ideas how to do this (I don't want to tag 122 revisions in the
> repository)?

I'm not sure why you want to do it outside of a sandbox. You can of course
use the checkout/update commands on a file, with a revision number as
argument to -r. You can then copy/move the file to a different location,
outside the sandbox, if needed.

Alternatively, you could automate the tagging and exporting with a
batch/script. But I think that update and copy/move is faster.

Gerhard