[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed May 31 00:04:15 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Not my experience....Seems to work fine through cvsnt.cpl.

It'll work if you have the paths set, but they're only set for the user
that installed cvsnt.. normally the administrator.  It won't help for
any other users (in the latest version ordinary users can use the
control panel - it's needed for vista compatibility... of course they
can't change anything).

> So what is needed?
> 1) put simcpl.cpl into the registry
> 2) create shortcut to simcpl.cpl instead ov cvsnt.cpl

Pretty much anywhere that uses cvsnt.cpl should use simcpl.cpl - it's
needed because control panels always start in the system directory which
screws up the loading.

I'm working on another scheme for this, but need to think it through
(basically a version of AppPaths that works for everything, not just
explorer shortcuts... might even make it read AppPaths).