[cvsnt] Re: shadow operations bug in builds 2330 and 2344

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Wed May 31 23:26:39 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> There were a half douzen other manifest files missing (what *is* this
> manifest thing really???) too...

Enables XP theme activation?

> But if one does a new checkout of CVSNT_2_0_x on top of the existing
> sandbox they all are retrieved.
> Strangely a regular update won't fish out these files not even if the
> create missing dirs flag is set. Maybe a new "feature" or bug of
> 2.6.01 (Villa) Build 2306, which is used on the CVSNT site??

2306 probably has a few "features" compared to later testing releases.

> I finally managed to build 2349 myself now.

Congrats.

> But then I have to configure my test server for shadow operations, I
> don't dare going live using the self-built cvsnt with the modified
> code as well.

I've found the testing versions, even ones that I've patched, are fairly
stable... but probably best to run a few tests before letting it loose on a
live system.

> It's late so testing will be done tomorrow.

Go drink some Gameldansk <grin>, and have fun testing tomorrow :-)

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever