[cvsnt] Checksum failure after patch

Harrison, Andy andy.harrison at anite.com
Fri Nov 3 16:04:35 GMT 2006

Hi Gerhard,

Thanks for your suggestions.

The sandbox was one created from the new server. I has taken the
repository from the backup and restored it onto the new server and
checked it out from there, so all the CVSROOT metadata is set up
correctly. I get the error every time I do an update that involves CVS
patching a file, not just the first time. If it does an update it works
correctly.

I hadn't thought of updating the client, it seems obvious now that you
mention it! Unfortunately it didn't work - I'm still getting the same
error. I've also tried creating a brand new file using the new client
and new server, just in case there's something in the RCS file, but that
is still causing the same error.

I've turned the trace on to see if that's any use. I won't paste all of
it here as there's quite a lot. This bit starts at the line it normally
prints out ("p newtest.txt"):

P newtest.txt
15:52:37:   -> call_in_directory /development/cvstest/newtest.txt,./
15:52:37:   -> tcp_read(5120)
15:52:37:   -> get_file(newtest.txt,./newtest.txt,r,5000)
15:52:37:   -> wnt_stat(newtest.txt)
15:52:37:   -> _statcore(00000000,newtest.txt)
15:52:37:   -> Trying GetFileAttributesEx....
15:52:37:   -> File attributes = 00000020
15:52:37:   ->  - read/write file
15:52:37:   -> GetUnixFileModeNtEA(n,00000044) returns 0666
15:52:37:   -> get_file ->

Following this there are several lines from the file. There is a lot
more than just the line that has changed. This ends with three
characters which are not part of the file:

last line of text from file
cvs update: checksum failure after patch to ./newtest.txt; will refetch
15:52:37:   -> start_server(0)
cvs client: refetching unpatchable files

I hope that makes sense to someone!

Rgds,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ,