[cvsnt] Checksum failure after patch

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 3 22:36:42 GMT 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:17:00 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>> I've turned the trace on to see if that's any use.
>
>You can enable server trace. This has been implemented a while ago. I've
>never done it, but I have seen traces here that had it enabled. Check out
>the archives or the manual if you don't know what I'm talking about.
>Probably somewhere it is explained how to enable them.

- CVSNT control panel
- Allow clients to trace server

FWIW:
I also started to see this a while ago and it first appeared when I
updated the CVSNT sources from the CVSNT server itself. There are a
whole bunch of strange messages that may appear, like talk on changing
some index values or such in the Entries files. And of course the
checksum on patch error that leads to an update.
Don't know what is going on and why the patch cecksume suddenly fails
to be OK when it has worked for years without any such message.

Unfortunately Tony is not here anymore so he could explain the new
messages, he is busy on the 2.6 version and getting that out to beta
testing. :-(

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)