[cvsnt] newbie asks 2.5.03 upgrade consequences

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.local
Tue Nov 21 10:34:38 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I was complaining that the custom install path setting was not obeyed!

Yes it is!  The cvs libraries and programs are installed in your custom
install location.

This is not at all uncommon - anything that installs more than a simple
.exe will require a directory structure - the one for visual studio is
insanely complex...

> And if I want a whitespace-free path (to be able to use unix tools)
> then it was earlier at least possible but no since yoyu force "CVS
> Tools" it will no longer work.

?? I use unix tools all the time and they work fine with spaces.  It's
in "Program Files" anyway - so there's a space however you structure it.