[cvsnt] Need help with cvslock (reposted)

Mauro Maniforti mauro.maniforti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 14:23:02 GMT 2006

After other test the problem seem fixed.
As suspected it was related to a network configuration. In particular my
cvsnt server (laptop) is an enterprise lan client (dhcp for ip) and a soho
peer. In my tcp configuration I have an alternative configuration to be able
to get an ip address when I'm at home. In this configuration  it was missing
the address for the DNS.
Simply adding 127.0.0.1 fix the problem. This seem to force the use of host
file or any local trick to resolve host names. Honestly is not clear to me
why this was a problem, if someone can exmplain me more it will be very
appreciated.

Many thanks to all who try to help me.
Mauro

"Mauro Maniforti" <mauro.maniforti at gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:ekgps6$2pn$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Hello
>
> Since some week I have a problem in every operation against CVSNT.
> I use TortoiseCVS and when I try to use any function (commit, diff,
> history...) the program start and wait for the lock endlessly.
> I think the problem is related to cvslock because if I change
> "lockserver=none" I can (with some other problems) accomplish every
command.
> And if during the wait I kill the cvslock.exe process I get an error on
TCVS