[cvsnt] Register comments on commit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 30 06:31:52 GMT 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:07:29 +0100, Torsten Martinsen
<torsten at vip.cybercity.dk> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> If they use WinCvs as a client then it is really helpful...
>> It will substitute the empty comment entry with the string "no
>> comment"
>No, this is actually done by CVS itself - running 'cvs commit -m ""'
>produces the log message '*** empty log message ***'.
>
>-Torsten

Tested this just now:
Edited a file and committed via WinCvs without filling in the message
window. The command line sent by WinCvs looks like this in the bottom
window:
cvs commit -m "no message" -- BranchAddFile.txt (in directory
F:\Engineering\Projects\Bosse\ModuleXX\)

Then I again edited the file and committed via the command line:

And now the message is stored as '*** empty log message ***' as you
say.

So the OP needs to look out for both strings, I guess...
HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)