No subject

Sat Oct 7 01:09:32 BST 2006

system, which would tend to aggravate the problem by increasing the
latency for disk operations and so widening the window in which a race
could be won by the wrong thread.

> You can write a little program that does some load testing to=20
> exhibit the problem:
> While (1)
> res=3DCopyFile("/MyRepo/MyDir/,File.h,v",/MyRepo/MyDir/,File.h,");
> if (res=3D=3Derr) exit(1);
> res=3DMoveFile("/MyRepo/MyDir/,File.h,",/MyRepo/MyDir/,File.h,v");
> if (res=3D=3Derr) exit(1);
> EndWhile

A good idea, though I'd try just a symmetric pair of MoveFile operations
(move a to b, then b back to a).  I'd also use a finite loop, in case
the test program rendered the machine unresponsive.

--=20
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus