[cvsnt] --lf obsolete?

Yongwei Wu wuyongwei at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 03:05:01 BST 2006

On 9/4/06, Glen Starrett <glen.starrett at march-hare.com> wrote:
> Tony is trying to not expend effort on supporting buggy features that
> have no use to 99% of all users out there.  There are only so many
> development hours in a day, and IMHO I believe 'no' serves the overall
> community better than a 'yes' in this case.

This comment is very reasonable. I must say, I can't say I disagree
with you. In fact, it is the reason I no longer ask for the
continuance of `commit -r', though I believe people can still have
valid uses for it. However, if I understand it correctly in the case
of `--lf', Tony did not remove it because it was a maintenace burden,
but because he thought people could do evil with this option, while it
was still useful to some users. This is what pains me. IMHO, it is
simpler to leave the option as it was and not to touch it at all, for
the benefit of the developer as well as the user.

Please correct me if I did not understand correctly.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--
Wu Yongwei