[cvsnt] [chacl] 'cvs ls' not working with

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Sat Sep 9 13:39:34 BST 2006

  Hi all.

  [Using CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2382 on both server and client. Server
running on Win2003 and client running on WinXP SP2, both with full
updates applied.]

  If you set AclMode=normal in the CVSROOT/config file then noone
seems to have the right to run the 'cvs ls' command. If you try it, you
just get a message that you do not have the right to read the root
repository folder.

  I found no way to set access privileges for the root repository folder
(absolute module reference '/' is not allowed for either chacl or rchacl
cvs commands).

  I did manage to get this working by going directly to the CVSNT
repository and adding an appropriate CVS/fileattr.xml file under the
root repository folder. On the other hand - this does not seem to be
a clean solution to this problem.

  It seems to me that there should either be a way to set access
privileges for the root folder or the 'cvs ls' command should allow
everyone to list the top level folder.

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetiæ