[cvsnt] [chacl] Not being able to create or write to a file unless you have the same right on the parent folder.

Jurko Gospodnetic mangled at to.avoid.spam
Sun Sep 10 23:17:06 BST 2006

  Hi Tony.

  Thanks for the effort on this! And thanks for showing me
how to send more precise reports... :-)

  I retraced your steps and everything worked as you
showed it.

  One thing I did notice is that you do not need the read
permission on the parent folders (as specified in the
documentation) to be able to add/remove/commit/update/
/checkout the subfolder on which you have appropriate
privileges granted. Ofcourse... to do the initial checkout
you need to somehow know the full path as you can not
browse for it in that case. But do not take me wrong...
I think this behavious is perfectly intuitive...just that the
documentation should be updated... :-)

  Then I went and looked at the environment in which I
originally encountered the problem and noticed there is
one more difference... I was granting access rights using
CVSNT user groups and had defined one user group
using another, as in:

G1: Jurko
G2: G1

  It seems that this is not supported and so this was not
recognizing Jurko as a member of user group G2.

  Thanks again for all the help!

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetic