[cvsnt] [chacl] 'cvs chacl -n' not working correctly

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Sat Sep 9 13:39:37 BST 2006

  Hi all.

  [Using CVSNT 2.5.03 build 2382 on both server and client. Server
running on Win2003 and client running on WinXP SP2, both with full
updates applied.]

  Do the following:

  * Log in as a CVS admin.
  * Set AclMode=normal in the main CVSROOT/config file.
  * Have a folder hierarchy A/B in the repository.
  * Execute 'cvs chacl -n -u xxx -a read' from checked out folder
     A or use an equivalent rchacl command.
  * There should be no other rights set for the A/B folder.
  * Log in as user xxx (not a CVS admin account, but I do not
     think this is important).

  Now you may check out the A/B folder even though you should
not be able to. You may do this either directly or by checking out
the base A folder.

  If you explicitly set the noread rule for user xxx for the A/B folder
then everything works as expected, i.e. you may not directly check
out the A/B folder and when checking out the A folder its B
subfolder does not get checked out.

  I checked the fileattr.xml files in the repository and the one in
A/CVS clearly states that the read rule for user X should not be
inheritable but CVSNT seems to be ignoring this.

  Anyone else have any comments on this?

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetiæ