[cvsnt] [chacl] 'cvs ls' not working with

Jurko Gospodnetic mangled at to.avoid.spam
Sun Sep 10 00:22:06 BST 2006

  Hi Tony.

> This is correct behaviour.

  Ok... but then I do not know how to allow the 'cvs ls' command
to anyone.

>>   I found no way to set access privileges for the root repository folder
>> (absolute module reference '/' is not allowed for either chacl or rchacl
>> cvs commands).
>
> Have a look at the manual for the rchacl command.

  Ok, I looked at the manual and that did not help as the rchacl
help information is pretty much non-existant (at least in my
CVSNT manual).

  I did manage to change the chacl setting for the root folder by
using the following command (note the period at the end):
  cvs -d :sspi:server:/repository rchacl -u user -a read .

  However, I have not seen this feature mentioned anywhere in
the docs.

  Anyway, that's one problem less on the way to setting better access
controls for our CVSNT repositories :-). Thanks for the answer...

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetic