[cvsnt] Repository.Virtual?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Sep 13 23:42:39 BST 2006

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed that the cvsnt client tries to open a file named
> 'Repository.Virtual' - just for curiosity, what is it used for?

It is part of the defunct directory rename code - when the rename is
done in the local sandbox the client needs to know the difference
between what the client has in its tree and what the server has in its
tree, so they can be modified on commit, and so that cvs update works
seamlessly.  I'm not 100% sure there's enough code left to make any
sense of it any more...

In 2.6 it'll probably end up being handled server-side since the rename
is a lot more integrated (part of the core design rather than bolted on
afterwards).