[cvsnt] lsass failure with pserver

Simon McMahon smcmahon at au1.ibm.com
Thu Sep 14 06:47:35 BST 2006

Hi,

Ref: CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 for server and client.

Installed OK on XP/SP2.
Configured using "CVSNT 2.5.03 Installation Tips".

"sspi" works OK and I can do most things OK with that :-).
but,
"pserver" fails with some null pointer error in lsass.exe :-(. It really
crashes badly and I have to power off the server - cant even CTRL-ALT-DEL.
Anyone seen this before?
Also can't get "sserver" to work but that appears to be a problem with the
certificates and not much doc on how to do this.

I am testing all this all on the same XP box where the server is running.

I would like to get 'pserver' and 'sserver' working so does anyone have
any suggestions please?

Note: I upgraded IE to V 7 (Vista beta 2) so I dont know if that is
effecting it.

Regards,

Simon McMahon