[cvsnt] Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2442

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Sep 14 22:55:06 BST 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:17:02 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Chris Allen wrote:
>>> Thanks for the tip.  I guess I can't test new versions side by side
>>> anymore.
>>
>> Right,
>
>Not quite...
>
>> there has been a discussion concerning this in the latest months but
>> Tony has kept to his view that there should only be one single CVSNT
>> on any given PC. :-(
>
>I think Tony meant "system", not "PC". With Microsoft's VirtualPC and
>VMware's Player and Server being free now, it's rather easy (at least once
>you have generated your first virtual system disk) to have a few
>"throw-away" systems on your PC where you can install such test versions
>without interfering with your main system. Not quite the same thing, but
>depending on what you want to do, it may serve the purpose.

The problem here is that inasmuch VirtualPC might be free, the
operating system you install into it is not. At least not if it is
Windows. Then you are supposed to purchase a license from Microsoft
for *each* such PC you install Windows on....

Of course installing Linux is free. :-)

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)