[cvsnt] one time checkout files

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 18 21:33:26 BST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:56:11 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> The webpage defines its own character set, right?
>
>The character set has nothing to do with this. It is not defined in
>the page, so the default utf-8 is assumed.
It was Glen who brought up character sets. I just pointed out that the
two flags looked very similar on my screen. Basically
indistinguishable.

>The web site also doesn't define any fonts (that's possibly
>what you meant). The letter is in a <span class="command"> inside a <div
>class="variablelist">, but no style sheet is linked, so the classes don't
>have any visible effect.
>
>> The webpage should forca a font that clearly shows the two characters
>> as different in my view.
>
>AFAIK, it's not easy to define specific fonts in web pages -- they must be
>present on a user's system, and that's not easy to guarantee across
>platforms and systems.

Well, I believe that it *is* very easy to add a stylesheet reference
inside the head tag of any website page (all of my CVS related
webpages use this) so that the font can be defined.
In my case I define the stylesheet and in the stylesheet I have this:
BODY, P, TABLE, TD, TR, TH {
  color: black; background: white;
  font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 10pt;
}
and other definitions.
This font family makes it easy to see the difference between the
number one (1) and lowercase letter L (l), which is not possible on
the current manual page.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)