[cvsnt] cvs question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Sep 18 21:45:10 BST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:28:27 +0200, "M.Amparo Angulo Oliva"
<amparoangulo at hotmail.com> wrote:

>   Hello,
>   We are experimenting some problems when we try to work with files with
>   lot of versions.
>   We have cvs version 2.5.0.2 and the error we got it is [cvsnt] cvs
>   [commit aborted]: out of memory; can not reallocate.
>   Please could you suggest as a solution?
>   Which will be the version we should move to?
>   How about cvs version upgrades? Are they smooth or we could have big
>   problems?

Not enough information.....
Server operating system?
Server CVSNT version (including the build number!)?
Client operating system?
Client CVSNT version including build number?
Server data (RAM size, HDD size, CPU speed)?
Repository RCS file size for the problem files?
Number of revisions in the affected files?

Normally upgrading the CVSNT server is just a matter of running the
installer for the new version. If the old version is very old it might
be a good idea to first uninstall the old version (all of your data
will be left during this process so it is non-destructive).

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)