[cvsnt] Bug? VerifyMsg

Bryan Leber bryan.leber at fischerinternational.com
Tue Sep 19 19:40:02 BST 2006

If you have a template in the rcsinfo file, and then write a script to
test various items are present in the file, if one of the mandatory
items is not present, you do a sys.exit(-1)(in python) and it is suppose
to stop the commit and not proceed. Well I created a script that looks
like this

feature = overview = False

for line in lines:

     line = line.strip()

     if line.startswith('FEATURE_AFFECTED:'): feature = line[17:] != ''

     if line.startswith('OVERVIEW:'): overview = line[9:] != ''

if not feature:

   print "You must enter the FEATURE AFFECTED"

   ret = -1

elif not overview:

   print "You must enter an OVERVIEW of the fix"

   ret = -1

else: ret=0

sys.exit(ret)

There are four things in my template, but only two are mandatory. Yet
when I leave either or both of the mandatory items out, it will print to
the commit screen the correct print line, but yet it still moves onto
the commitinfo file and processes the script we have in there. But I
don't want it to process the commit unless it is correct with the
mandatory items filled in. Is this a bug or what am I doing wrong?

This mail message may contain confidential and privileged information from Fischer International which is
protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution by any means is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.