[cvsnt] Bug? VerifyMsg

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Sep 19 20:55:28 BST 2006

At Tuesday 19/9/2006 15:40, Bryan Leber wrote:

>If you have a template in the rcsinfo file, and then write a script to
>test various items are present in the file, if one of the mandatory
>items is not present, you do a sys.exit(-1)(in python) and it is suppose
>to stop the commit and not proceed. Well I created a script that looks
>like this

The way you invoke your script may be relevant. That is, you might be
using something like these:

DEFAULT cmd /c c:\python\python.exe my_script.py arg1 arg2
DEFAULT my_script.py arg1 arg2
DEFAULT python.exe my_script.py arg1 arg2

and let's say my_script returns -1; that becomes the return code of
the Python process, which has to be propagated to the invoking
cmd.exe, and then propagated to the system() call inside cvsnt (if
that is how it does the thing).
Depending on the OS and/or command processor, the return value may
"bubble up" or get lost or get truncated to 8 bits or...
I had some problems like this some time ago, mixed with non-standard
quoting of arguments, and finally I gave up and wrote all my scripts
as true executables (Delphi programs). Of course YMMV but I feel this
is the safest way to guarantee that cvsnt gets the right exit code...

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).