[cvsnt] rcsinfo File

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 00:16:19 BST 2006

Tony,  do you know any details of this bug?  Is it only on Linux?  I can
reproduce it on Linux RHEL 3.x with cvsnt version 2.5.02.2088, as well as on
Linus RHEL 4.x with cvsnt version 2.5.03.2382.  We thought it was working
correctly on Linux, and recently changed, but now we are doubting
ourselves.  This is an important feature that we were on the verge of
implementing to allow integration to our defect trackig system (DevTrack).
We are now considering moving our server from Linux to Windows to solve this
problem (if that does it).

Are  there  any other downsides to moving to Windows from Linux, other than
performance?  We have currently configured our linux server to authenticate
off our domain, allowing sspi.  This should be easier with windows.  Does it
automatically authenticate off the domain that that that server is part of,
or is that configured in cvsnt?  I assume there is a "/etc/cvsnt/PServer"
equivalent file for this configuration

Any other information you can give would be helpful.

Thanks,
Mark