[cvsnt] CVSNT on windows 2000 server and client on windows xp

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Apr 10 14:25:18 BST 2007

Gajala Mabu Shariff wrote:

> My application is being developed on windowXP Professional. We want the
> central repository on the windows 2000 server and this machine is
> installed with CVSNT 2.0.51. We are using Tortoise as the client for
> checkin and checkout purpose.

This is a pretty standard setup and works well.

> The problem is I created the repository on the server and when am trying
> to put my files from my system to the server I am getting the error 'cvs
> [server aborted]: "import" requires write access to the repository'.
>
> What shud I do to overcome this??

What does your CVSROOT access string look like? You probably should use
sspi. Is the user properly set up on the server?

Do you have the "All users are read only" option in the server's cvsnt
control panel checked? If so, you need to explicitly enable write access
using cvsnt ACLs.

What cvsnt ACLs do you have set?

What NTFS permissions on the repository directories do you have set (at the
server -- assuming the repository is on an NTFS partition)? All cvsnt users
should have access; to facilitate, I'd give all cvsnt users read/write
access and let cvsnt handle access permissions (through its ACLs).

Gerhard