[cvsnt] HELP WANTED: CVSNT.ORG updates (was Re: Hi (Some questions))

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sat Apr 14 18:18:03 BST 2007

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I tried the WIKI long time ago (see below) but found it really hard to
> work with compared to my old and proven editor (UltraEdit, no less)...

I have been asked to start porting over some of the content of the
cvsnt.org wiki into a new format based on a portal system (XOOPS).  The
articles (aka "sections") uses a more HTML-like markup than the wiki,
and can be configured to allow straight HTML as long as your authors are
well trusted.

I know Bo would be considered well trusted, but I don't know if this is
configurable on a per-author basis.  I therefore don't know if we would
be using straight HTML at all since we would like to keep this fairly
open-on-request.

Unfortunately this task is one of those "when I get time" tasks, which
never seems to get done.  It has literally been months since I've even
looked at it.

If anyone is interested in volunteering, I'll give you a tutorial on how
to start moving on this and point you to some resources that will help
get this transformation moving again.  The software isn't difficult to
use (much lower learning curve than the wiki, IMHO) and the permissions
are easier to understand as well.

I think this would definitely be a positive help for the CVSNT community
-- if anyone is interested, send an email to glen.starrett at
march-hare.com.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/