[cvsnt] CVS commit with -e option then unedit command gets previous version file

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Aug 11 15:51:36 BST 2007

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

>> unedit does that.. it reverts to the file that was edited (which is just
>> a local copy made during the edit command).
>
> Would a repeat edit (could be run after step 2 above) update the local
> copy?

To be honest I've never tried... seems a reasonable behaviour though (as
does updating the copy on commit, but I'm not sure how easy that would
be to implement).

evs will probably eventually do away with the copies and do the unedit
by contacting the server (there will be a separate command to do copies,
that works offline).

You can also do update -c, but that's not so useful in the scenario
above as you already have the latest version.