[cvsnt] CVSNT Auditing Failure on init

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Aug 23 07:50:33 BST 2007

Marc,

> File 'C:\mysql\\share\charsets\?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)

No idea about that error - however it is usual practice to not enable auditing until AFTER you create the repository - not sure if I've ever tried creating a repository after enabling audit.

> Audit trigger initialiasation failed: Open failed: Client does
> not support authentication protocol requested by server;
> consider upgrading MySQL client

You need to set the password for the auditing account using old_password() check the MySQL site for details - the CVSNT server uses a built in MySQL 3.23 client (it was the last one that mySQL allowed to be distributed without charge, ie: LGPL).

Regards,

Arthur Barrett