[cvsnt] CVSNT Auditing Failure on init

Marc Swingler marc_swingler at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 07:51:36 BST 2007

I'm getting the following error while attempting to initialize a
 repository from the command line. (Similar error from the control panel
 applet)

C:\Documents and Settings\Marc>cvs -d D:/CVSREPO init
File 'C:\mysql\\share\charsets\?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '#33' is not a compiled character set and is not
 specified in the
'C:\mysql\\share\charsets\Index' file
Audit trigger initialiasation failed: Open failed: Client does not
 support authe
ntication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
cvs init: Pre-command check failed

I'm running CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 and MySQL 5.0.45 on XP
 Pro. Funny thing is MySQL isn't installed at C:\mysql on my machine. Is
 the location hardcoded somewhere in CVSNT? Or is there an env var I need
 to set? Also, no such file as ?.conf under share\charsets in   the
 MySQL directory.