[cvsnt] Please help with moving of repositories

Chaz chaz.virtual at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:29:50 BST 2007

Hi,

My post of 28th refers. This is a further request for someone to please
provide me with some guidance regarding moving / re-locating of CVS and
CVSNT repositories.

I have 2 repositories on a Windows machine, using CVSNT, and one on a Linux
machine, using CVS.

I wish to transfer these repositories in their entirity, including history,
to a new Windows-based machine on which I have installed CVSNT.

Thus far I have been told that as far as CVSNT is concerned, a Windows copy
of the repositories on the Windows source machine can be placed on the new
machine.

As far as the repository on Linux is concerned I was advised to use FTP to
transfer the repository to the Windows machine. I tried this, but after
completion noticed a large difference between the number of files and
folders on the source and target.

My gut feel tells me that I would first need to create the 3 new
repositories on the target machine, and then use some tool to import the 3
existing repository's contents into the 3 new repositories.

Could someone please provide me with further guidance as I have done much
Internet searching and reading yet have not been able to clarify what is
required to get this done properly.

Many thanks,

Chaz

Chaz.Virtual at gmail.com