[cvsnt] timeout time for cvslockd file locks?

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:34:53 GMT 2007

Does anyone know what the expected time is for the tag operation
(specifically the file lock time), for an individual file?  The file
mentioned below was locked for more than 20 seconds.  This is a text file,
which is 106.2kb (repository ",v" file), on a linux server.  I am trying to
determine if I have a performance problem on my server, or if I can do some
lockserver tuning,  neither of which I can find any information on from
searching the cvsnt list archives.

This has been an occasional problem for us in the past, but seems to be
occurring much more often currently....and we're not sure why

Thanks for any information,
Mark

On Nov 29, 2007 12:21 PM, Mark Johnson <amarkjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an automated build which tags.  often multiple builds may be
> running at the same time (possibly on separate branches), and will attempt
> to tag at the same time.  I often get timeout errors like shown below. It
> appears that that it is timing out after 20 seconds.  Is it normal to have a
> file locked that long for a tag operation?   Is there a way to configure the
> cvslockd service to increase this timeout time? I am using cvsnt 2.5.03.
> Any help and/or info would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Error Output:
> [ cvs ]    cvsnt rtag: [11:27:20] waiting for t360bld on 10.231.237.19's
> lock in
> /freya_repo/freya/web/reports/runnableversions/Flag_Diag_I9_Summary.rptdesign,v

......(lines delted)