[cvsnt] Delete sandboxes when upgrade 2.5.01 to 2.5.03?

Williams, Tim WilliamsTim at PRAIntl.com
Fri Dec 7 18:06:53 GMT 2007

Hi Folks,

We will soon be upgrading CVSNT from 2.5.01 build 2013 to 2.5.03 build
2382 (or more recent, depending on when we get to it!).

I will request that all programmers commit their work prior to the
upgrade.  Should I also ask that they delete their sandboxes, then check
out again after the upgrade?  My understanding is that only the
administrative CVS files will change on the server. Does this mean that
the files in each /CVS folder in the sandbox remain unchanged and
therefore the sandboxes can remain intact during the upgrade?

FWIW, we are moving from TCVS 1.8.13 to 1.10.1 at the same time.

Cheers,

Tim
SAS Systems Admin