[cvsnt] How to specify a "BugID" at commit time from the server?

MikeStratoti mike.stratoti at bentley.com
Fri Dec 7 21:15:39 GMT 2007

Based on the information contained in the commit comment and processing on
the CVS server side, I want to tell CVSNT to use a computed value for the
BugId to be associated with a commit.

How can I specify the value for "BugId" on the server side of CVS?
Can I use a trigger?
Perhaps an unusual use of a template with prespecified values?
Recommendations please.

The person doing the commit would not usually have this particular value for
the BugId.  Therefore, they would be unable to specify a value for commit's
"-B bugid" option.

Thanks