[cvsnt] out of memory; can not reallocate

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Wed Feb 14 19:10:37 GMT 2007

cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org wrote on 02/09/2007 05:30:21 PM:

> I've never had to alleviate heap-space exhaustion for a Windows
> application, so I'm not sure what your options are here.  (Other than
> not putting 308 MB files into CVS, of course - and it's probably rather
> too late for that.)  But maybe these suggestions will help you research
> possible solutions.

Ok, here's how you do it. :)

32 bit Windows is only able to address 4GB of ram. The heap is 2GB and
everything else is the other 2GB. There is a switch you can put in the
boot.ini file that makes the heap 3GB instead, so applications have access
to more memory. The switch is "/3GB".

Here's a link with full details:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEmem.mspx

Hope this helps somebody. :)