[cvsnt] Getting error when entering a new IP of CVS server through CVS Root Macro

Vaibhav Raina vaibhav.raina at interglobetechnologies.com
Thu Feb 15 11:55:16 GMT 2007

Hi

Our location of CVS Server has changed to a new IP. I am trying to change
this IP setting through CVS ROOT Macro. I have given the new IP and the
console is showing the changed messages. But when I am trying to update a
file or checkout a module I am getting the following error message:

cvs server: connect to 172.18.18.29(172.18.18.29:2402):2402 failed: A
connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly
respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because
connected host has failed to respond.

Here 172.18.18.29 was our previous server IP. And this shows that the effect
is not taking place. Sometimes I am also getting the error message as
“absolute path” for the server should be used. Can anybody help as I am not
able to connect to the CVS Server. I am using WinCVS client.

Thanks,

Vaibhav