[cvsnt] writing to server socket: error -1 on large diff

Chris Morris the.chrismo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 16:02:48 GMT 2007

I've an occasion problem (btw, we're still back on 2.0.38 server) running a
large diff on a machine. I've run this diff nightly for a long, long time,
it's only recently it's started occasionally failing with this server socket
error. The directory (and subs) it's diffing does steadily grow (it's a wiki
repository), so maybe it's just a question of resources on the server? Not
sure. Sometimes it works, and, using FileMon, when it fails it doesn't
always fail in the same place.

Should I try to work around this by not doing one uber diff at the top level
dir and break it down into smaller diffs? Or is this a sign of a bigger
problem on the server?

--
Chris
http://clabs.org