[cvsnt] How to capture new IP addres of the CVSNT server into my copy?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Mon Jan 8 11:26:43 GMT 2007

Petr Prikryl wrote:

> Is there any way how to update my local copy so that the new IP address
> of the CVSNT server was captured into many CVS/Root files in many
> subdirectories?

If your referred to the host by name, then you don't need to do anything
(since it stores the hostname and not its resolved IP address)

> I know could create new copy from scratch, but I have also the
> files inside the subdirectories that are not in the CVSNT repository.

If you referred to the host by a dotted-IP address, and that address has
changed, then you could use WinCVS as that has a macro to make the changes
to your sandbox.

---
David Somers - typographer/programmer/whatever
Random (and sometimes useful) stuff blogged at http://www.omz13.com